Tuesday, October 6, 2009

She is full of contrast.

"More alive and closer to death than anyone I've known."

So, I have to think B's blog for having me stumble upon the site I'm about to tell ya'll about. However, I'm actually dedicating this post to my former roommate.

Anywho, the story behind the site reads like poetry. I'm going to post a few excerpts but you would be doing yourself a total disservice if you didn't go read it in full.

You never know who you know that might have been looking for a site like this. Pass it on man.

Here's an excerpt:

"She hands me her last razor blade, tells me it is the one she used to cut her arm and her last lines of cocaine five nights before...

We often ask God to show up. We pray prayers of rescue. Perhaps God would ask us to be that rescue, to be His body, to move for things that matter. He is not invisible when we come alive. He is not invisible when we come alive. I might be simple but more and more, I believe God works in love, speaks in love, is revealed in our love. I have seen that this week and honestly, it has been simple: Take a broken girl, treat her like a famous princess, give her the best seats in the house. Buy her coffee and cigarettes for the coming down, books and bathroom things for the days ahead. Tell her something true when all she's known are lies. Tell her God loves her. Tell her about forgiveness, the possibility of freedom, tell her she was made to dance in white dresses. All these things are true."

Everything about that gives me chills. Again, go read it in full. Click the shirt below and it'll take you there.


*On a lighter note, I like the shirt. My b-day was last weekend, so yeah-go and cop that :)

Write Love on Her Arms,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment