Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm Thankful for All Kinds of Birds

Even you.
Spent Turkey day in VA with my grandma and one of my big brothers. Nope, wasn't in Carolina with the larger side of the fam. But hey, as Jigga said, "When I left you for Virginia- it didn't offend ya, cause you knew I only stepped out to get dinner." It was the first time I actually helped prepare the meal. Whoo! That's all I can say.

I now have a greater appreciation for the cooks. All we made was turkey, baked macaroni, mashed potatoes with gravy, brocoli-cheese and rice casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls and 7 layer dip which is small compared to other peoples' Thanksgiving dinners. Nonetheless, that thing took all day and my grandma woke me up at 8a.m. Mind you, I got in around 4 this morning. It's all good though. Fought with my brother over our favorite Pepperidge Farm cookies (just like the ol' days), now I'm bout to clean this kitchen and go out with the bestie.

Hope you had a delightful day.

Gobble-Gobble,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment