Thursday, October 2, 2008

Do I Really Haveta?

Is it necessary to remind you that Philalive takes place tonight? Please don't tell me that it is. We should have this thing down by now.

Proceeding...
This is a tad random, but I was walking to class and I stopped to use the bathroom. For the second time this week, I've been inspired by the conversation that occurred between different people who wrote on the bathroom door. Crazy, right? I know.

Initially, I was trying to determine what target market I'd direct this magazine proposal towards for class, and I was stuck trying to figure that out. I knew I wanted it to be based on a woman's niche, and that's all I had. So, I take a bathroom break and this girl had written on the bathroom door about being abused by her father, not being able to leave, and asking for advice.

Some people couldn't help themselves but to respond with ignorance, but other people sincerely reached out to her. To sound every bit like a mushy female, I was touched. I ended up deciding to name my magazine Victor. What's that? Victor: a person who has overcome or defeated an adversary; conqueror. I believe this theme kind of followed up with the lesson from last weeks Bible study which spoke about placing yourself in the position of someone victorious versus being the victim.

However, what really impressed me was what I saw written on the door today. I can't remember the details regarding why the statement was made, but I know that a girl completely denounced the whole idea of religion. What was someone's response? She basically wrote her testimony telling how good God is on the door. I got to thinking... if I read this, and there wasn't already a response on the door- would I have wrote something? Would I have opposed the girls statement in hopes that she would see it and maybe learn a thing or two or change her feelings about My God? (what can I say, I'm stingy-but He's so worth sharing)

I have yet to reach a conclusion as to what I would do, but I took the smallest step by writing beside the girls testimony, "I second that."

I Just Had To,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment