Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Just American Dreaming


"I am the greatest, I said that before I even knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest." -Muhammad Ali

This picture of me was taken some time ago. Like Ali, I claimed this idea before knowing the truth it would hold in my future.

I wake up, fall asleep, and spend the day thinking about different things to write. Just about anything inspires me. I am actually considering doing things toward living out the things I've always seen myself doing. Not to be to cliche, but it feels as if the sky is the limit. It feels like my options are endless, and I am steering the boat that's leading to my success. Most parents always tell you you can be whatever you want to be. I've never taken the time to really consider this, but I'm starting to believe it's true.

Granted, God is in control and things will happen at his will. I make the decisions that lead me there. I carry out the actions that effect my life. I create my own American dream, and I plan to live it out. The American dream is what you make of it. If you hear the term and think white picket fences, two children running through the yard with their golden retriever, and parents sitting on the porch swing watching their kids in adoration, with no worries... than more power to you. I think of writing best sellers that get mentioned in every book on every list of "must reads", of being someones favorite poet, of people quoting my lines all around the world, of speaking to students and inspiring them to follow in my footsteps and live out their passion. That is my American dream.

If you think I'm being arrogant or unrealistic, who asked you? If you really want someone to know what you feel, write a blog :) No, really. I can do bad by myself, and I don't care to entertain negative energy. As my dad says, "People will always tell you what they would have done when it's something they never could have done," and as Bret Jones said, "Arrogance is a term used by those who cannot discern themselves with the immense confidence of a man who knows he has no limits".

Think about it.
Sleep on it.

2fingers and blessings,
B

"Nevermore will I ignore the sounds that tell me I was born to write.
My first responsibility is to let my caged words take flight,
and not believe the hype that what I say don't make a
difference.
Stop falling for the false fate.
Stop acting like your thoughts, words, and deeds don't carry real
weight..
in the universe.
Vibrations don't call you with a date.
Don't wait for you to be ready for things to take effect.
Realize you create your own fate.
You walk yourself to heavens gate.
I can't wait for my destiny; it's something I make.
See, I'm getting older..
so I got less time to act like I got time to spare." -Mayda del Valle

2 comments:

  1. You make "figuring it out" feel so grand, lol. I swear I admire you.

    And that poem by Mayda is one of my faaaaaaaaaavorites. I wish I wrote it myself, hahaha.

    I'm definitely gonna have to do some advertising for you because as a writer, personally, I'm getting too much outta this than the average person should, haha. But the world is missing out, yes?

    That's aiight. As long as the glow is glowing, the illumination can't get no dimmer. Only the contrary.

    -Chucked Deuce and Blindness, lol-
    Be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandi-
    I found your blog linked to our class page. Cool stuff. It is inspiring to see how positive your writing is. Thanks for the info about the speaker tonight. I had a friend in town so I couldn't make it. See you in class.
    MJ

    ReplyDelete