Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gonna Be A Good Day

So, my journalistic integrity wouldn't allow me to post this with yesterday's date on it, but I'm going to write this piece as I intended to. Meaning, I'm going to write it as if it was yesterday (which was the first day back at school-marking the beginning of my sophomore year).

*Been over a week since my last post, sorry*


YES!
(preface: this is a "tell you about my day" post)

This is pretty much how I felt after walking out of my first class of the day. Why? It was International Women's Writing, the students were really interactive (which guarantees great discussions), and Ms. Santiago was there. I didn't know we had class together, God's just cool like that. Her phone had been stolen, so I couldn't reach her since returning to campus, and walking in and seeing her smiling face was a pleasant surprise.

I had pretty much made my mind up that today would be a good day... then (as Alfafa says on Little Rascals), "God opened up the skies and said I hate you." I know that's a far a stretch, but I heard some very disappointing news regarding a close friend and a slow rain began to fall on my parade.

Deciding that I would not be defeated, I proceeded to my next class only to discover that my teacher was Asian, and I couldn't understand a word he said. I tried. Really. I did. However, just a few minutes ago, I withdrew from the class and (again, because God's cool like that) was able to enroll in a similar class for the same day and time. Yeaahh Me!

I also spent some time with my northern folk, which I haven't seen in a while... it was peachy keen. I told myself "Self, you'll have a good day". I had a few train wrecks throughout it (more than I care to describe)- but everything rounded itself out. One day down, who knows how many more to go.

New song? Yessuh. Kirk Franklin's the man for this one.

Hate if You'd Like
(But You're Wasting Your Time),

B

No comments:

Post a Comment