Monday, March 16, 2009

Lying is for Losers (that's the best title I could come up with)


This post is for everyone, specifically.
Really.

I know that sounds a mess, but if you are in my life and we speak on a regular basis-then this is something you should know about me.

There is not a circumstance known to man where I would rather you lie to me than tell me the truth. I am not the type who prefers "living a lie" to remain happy. I am not interested in having my feelings spared.

I deserve honesty, plain and simple.
If that's too much of a request, and I understand that it really is a lot to ask of some people, then I need you to spin wheels... and I'll see you when I see you.

Think about it. So what if I'll be mad at you. We're both grown, and feelings are fleeting. The madness will only last for a moment, and I can't do anything but respect your honesty. And for the record, withholding pertinent information is indeed lying by omission. No point in trying to slick a can of oil, darling.

Granted, I've been working on this theory that it doesn't matter so much what people tell me, it only matters what I choose to believe. I'd still like to think that I can take your words for face value.

The truth is like the sun. One cannot stare it in the face without squinting or turning their face... I read that in a book somewhere.

Hmph,
B

1 comment:

  1. People are always determined to cage what is bound to escape anyway.

    There really is liberation in honesty.

    I'm glad you thrive off being that way.

    ReplyDelete