Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SEPTA is the Devil

If the devil is a liar,
then SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) is the devil.

Now that I've got that off my chest, prepare for a full-blown rant. Today, I just wanted to make it to bible study by 8pm. It makes no difference that bible study starts at 7:30 or that I was running a little late. I was fully aware I wouldn't be on time, but I still wanted to make it.

Whatever the case, I get on the train and get off at Erie. I walk up the steps to the bus stop, and I'm waiting (in the cold-with no bench) for the bus to come. It arrives, I walk on, and I ask the driver, "Can you please tell me when we get to Green and Cheltan." He agrees. The end? Not likely. I notice we're on Cheltan, so I go and ask if we're close. He told me that we were a few stops away. I go sit back down, only to realize (3o minutes later) that I'm still on the bus and we're parking in a rest stop. I walk up to him and he says, "Oh, I didn't know you didn't get off."

WHAT! If I asked you to tell me when we reached my stop, and you never told me- HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU ASSUME I GOT OFF!? Madness. Then... he gives me another transfer ticket, points to another bus, and tells me to give the driver the same directions (as if they'll understand my instructions better then he did). I get on the bus and walk right into a Prince look-a-like. I ask him to tell me when we make it to my stop, but I leave out the please, because I've become aggravated. What does he do? He stares at me and licks his lip. (Yuck, on so many levels) I throw in a please and force a smile for good measure. He agrees. By the time we reach my stop, it's 9 o'clock. The people who normally bring me back from bible study aren't answering the phone, so I have no way of knowing if they went at all. I don't have money to get back on the bus/train. So, what do I do? I play it safe, ignore my desired stop, and ride the bus back home.

The devil was working overtime tonight. I know this may all sound silly, but I swear he was at work making sure I didn't get any God in me. He succeeded in part, because I wasn't able to fellowship with others and get a better understanding of the word (as told by someone else). However, I surely did read my bible anyway. So, BEAT THAT DEVIL!

"Woosah",
B


WWJD backwards = DJWW = Devil Just Wont Win

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry Brandi baby. I shud hav been on that bus with u. And guess wat? i hav practice EVERY Wednesday until the sho, which is in April. BTW i'll b sellin tix soon, buy 1 from me (b4 Brandi asks u...lol). Point being, i'll only b able to make Sunday services.

    ReplyDelete