Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Speechless.

I've been introduced to more info. that I had not been exposed to (*Thanks B). FYI- the pics are small, but they're brutal. If you're one of those people who turn their cheek when they notice something wrong, you might want to leave this page... right now.

With that being said-
These are photographs and postcards of lynchings in America that are posted on a (developing) sight. Yeah, post cards. Just in case you missed the great lynching "in a city near you", they'd mail the excitement to your door step. If some of their bodies looked ripped up or their limbs look burnt, it's because they are. Don't take my word for it. Go check it out for yourself, I insist:
http://www.withoutsanctuary.org/



*this one (above, right) deeply disturbed me- they're posing around him as if he's some show pig at a county carnival *the end caption for this one (above, right) read as follow: "The lynchers used a small rope, tying the rope under his arms and throwing the rope over a limb of the tree. They did not even hang him up. He was found this morning with his feet on the ground in an apparently standing position with his head thrown back . . . completely riddled with bullets and his ears severed."

What hurts the most? A good bit of these men went unidentified. Could you imagine someone you love hanging, believed to be not worthy of identification? Yet, they ask what's in a name.

Contentment is Key, ("Happy" Black History Month)
B
I'm proud to be an American- where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
(takes on a different meaning now don't ya think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment