Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happily Ranting

This is rant. There will be no pictures. However, I will give you a summary of what will be discussed so you can decide whether or not you'd like to keep reading... I hope that you will. Topics of discussion in no specific order: hoping others see the God in me, protecting your heart, my blogs new look (if you noticed), and The Kon Era blog.

Still with me?

First line of business.. well, really- the only line of business since nothing else is business oriented: The Kon Era blog. As of today, I'm an official staff writer. Look right. The link to the page is listed under "You Can Also Catch Me Rapping @.." Excited much? I am. I don't know what about it is making me feel so engaged, but I feel like I'm part of a movement.. a positive one.. a productive one. Yeah, that's me. I only have to do a weekly post that regards poetry and reviews of Philalive when they start back up. That shouldn't be too hard. There are other writers (*shouties to My Misses) who touch on topics like art, politics, and music. Ch-ch-ch-check it out.

Secondly, I'm working to make some changes in my life. These changes are only intended for good, and I hope you see the God in me. Enough said.

Next.. see my blog? Again, look right. Aside from the link to The Kon Era blog, there are two book covers. If you can read- and you can because you're reading this- then it's clear that one cover displays the book I just read, and the other cover is the book I'm currently reading. I'm not a slow reader- so take a peek at it often. I'm also not a book critic, so realize that- as with everything else, you'll only be receiving my opinion of the book. I can tell you now, The Kite Runner was a wonderful read. Not the normal book I'd pick up, but neither is The Color of Water. I'm enjoying that just as much. Oh yeah, and there's an official blog roll now. Not just a list of links to other people's blogs.

Lastly... protecting your heart. There's not too much I have to say on this besides I know I am too quick to trust, and I try to only see the good in people. I need to realize when to take note of the negative sides and in which way they may effect me. If I'm not going to be cognizant of the other person, the least I can do is keep my heart guarded... even if only for a moment longer than I normally would.

Ok.. I'm almost done. Just let me throw one more thing out. I decided that I actually like having music play when I get to my page, so I will always have something up dependant upon how I'm feeling. I will leave whatever song up til' the post is no longer displayed on the page, and then you'll be hearing a new song every time you visit. With that being said-here's the new song:

Take Time to Realize This All Could Pass By,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment