Saturday, June 28, 2008

What'd You Say Your Name Was Again?

"... and I know you from where? Elementary school? I don't know you man." -Big Pun

Ring a bell?
No?
Let's try another one.

"N*ggas didn't know me in '91, bet they know me now." -Mase

Are you with me?
No?
Last try.
I'll be a bit more specific:

"I finessed and I grew. While most of the 8's and 9's in my past now get the rating of less than a 2." -Drake

If none of those lyrics ring a bell, I'm hoping you at least see where I'm headed with this. I am in NO place to judge. Absolutely none. However, it's my blog, and I'm calling it as I see it. Upon being home, I've realized just how complacent people are. I've complained before about how I've come home, only to feel like there is no growth happening here. As fate would have it, I've learned that's how most people who leave home for college feel... most of the people I've spoken to about it anyways.

But the irony in it all is the so-called love interest I once had. Let me raise a glass and propose a toast to whoever made the quote about people coming back arond when they notice you're doing fine, if not better, without them. I look at the things and people that I once deemed "attention worthy", and I'm sorry for them and their current state-but I'm also disappointed in the standards I once had. Seriously. Nonetheless, the bar has been raised, and I'm sitting back until I meet someone that's pretty good at pole vaulting. Call it what you like, but as Shania Twain would say,

"That don't impress me much."
B

p.s. Listen to the song, you might learn a thing or two. Oh, and I added a chat box since I've been learning that my peers aren't my only readers. If you aren't compelled to comment, at least leave me some love. I insist.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also disappointed in the standards i once had.
    SHAME! A FUCKING SHAME! i look back and i'm just like ew.

    Nonetheless, the bar has been raised, and I'm sitting back until I meet someone that's pretty good at pole vaulting

    it was colored differently for a reason.

    BRANDI!

    ReplyDelete