Monday, January 14, 2008

Dont Bother Me

If the devil could have known how I would be after the storm, he wouldn't have even bothered me.

The person who preached at my church yesterday said that, and it hit home for me. I've already mentioned how everything I experienced in 07' made me a better person for 08', but hearing it put like this made it seem that much more amazing to me because it's true. The devil was really trying to wear me out, and I'm sure-had he known that I would end up more content and closer to God than I've ever been, he wouldn't have wasted his time trying to bring me down. With that being said, I'm just going to share some of the other tidbits that were said in church that caught my attention and had me thinking:

-No matter what you're going through, remind yourself that this too,will become a memory and God is only using you. Furthermore, the battle is not yours and you don't have to fight-God will do that for you.
-We (followers of Jesus) are not always surrounded by believers, and even when we are: they are nothing but sinners saved by God's grace.
-Before thy getting, get understanding. Don't seek more knowledge before thoroughly understanding the knowledge you already obtain.
-Prayer is a privilege. Non believers can pray to Him, but they can't get through to Him. When praying, confess your sins because the devil will confess them at the most inopportune time. You don't want to be standing at the throne before God, about to receive your judgement and have the devil giving testimony of all your unconfessed sins. Tell on yourself, don't allow him to.
-Communication is a two way street. Prayer is our way of talking to God. Reading His word (the Bible) and meditation is his way of talking back. You can't talk but not want to listen.

Contentment is Key,
B

1 comment: