Sunday, January 6, 2008

I Dedicate


"I'd like to take the time to dedicate this to a special somebody..
guess I'll call him my most recent addition to my collection of male disappointments
Deceiving, you are the reason that I don't believe in finding the love that I need...
&& when it gets cold in November, it feels like it's freezing
&& I fit every stereotype that ya'll believe in cause when I say I'm serious,
you claim you only teasing..
When I'm speaking you only in topic when I'm pissed
&& in a couple years I gaurantee you'll be thirsty
&& by then I'll be looking like Tropicana Twist" -Drake

Where do I begin? This week has been a teacher, for lack of better words. I believe that I am hard to impress. I also know that I'm social, and I take to people quickly. I'm a "people person". Nonetheless, when someone has certain rank with me-I don't put them on a pedalstool BUT I do hold them at a higher position than I do others. In the same token, my expectations for them are at a higher caliber. With that being said, I am also easier to disappoint. I know the best way to avoid disappointment is to hold no expectations, but lets be real. Words have power. They give you hope. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't want a career in journalism. Like the top of my blog says, "Flashy words make the world turn."

Long story short, two people have lost so much rank with me over the course of this week for completely different reasons. One of them just showed me a side of them that I haven't seen in the 2yrs I've known them, and the other lied to me. Well, I can't say that they lied because it was not direct. However, they lead me to believe certain things, and their actions revealed different emotions. The things that were revealed to me were things to be considered, but did not affect me directly. Yet, their actions that counteracted what was said to me did. Like I told Beans (**shout out, the lyrics are the biz right? lol) I'm starting to not even trust in the actions of others-even those are screwy. Theories aren't considered facts until numerous trials are run and the same results are given every time. That's what I'll put my faith in from here on out-things that are tested and proven, time and again.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we deceive. That's life though. All is well. You can't stop the sun from setting nor shining.

Contentment is Key,
B

1 comment: