Monday, March 3, 2008

Amazing Grace

Dear Readers,
(nothing major) I was sitting in the SAC (upscale cafeteria for non-Temple goers) talking with some of my girlies. A topic came to the table that brought me major discomfort. It wasn't major discomfort so much, but it was a topic that aggravated me to the core. If you know me well, you know that I don't have a high tolerance for females. Immature females to be specific. Immature, false information feeding, overly dramatic females to be exact. All my thoughts regarding the female mentioned in the conversation were weighing on my mind, and I was in some sort of a daze.

Whatever the case, everyone had decided to leave, and I was suddenly in my zone to write poetry. So... that's exactly what I did. I sat at a table in the corner of the SAC and poured my heart out on paper. I can't begin to explain the satisfaction I felt once it was finished. It felt as if a HUGE load had been taken off my shoulders, and all my feelings were out there. God blessed me. The ability to express myself in written form is a definite blessing. It's therapeutic, and I'm thankful for this talent. As the saying goes: "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God".

Writing my Little Heart Out (literally),
B

1 comment:

  1. YES! Thank God for writing in general...I swear it's saved my from cursing out a lot of people...from depression...from bubbling over with all the thoughts in my head! I fee you...if there's anyone who feels you, I FEEL YOU! ;-) From one poet to the next.

    The Writer,

    Bee Dee

    ReplyDelete